One of the things that I found interesting about this whole revision process was that the publisher requested that I ADD stuff to my story. Granted, I had some details that did need clarifying but since my manuscript was already at 88,000 words, I thought they might asked for me to cut some stuff out.
I have just finished the final walk-through with Microsoft’s grammar and spelling editor. Surprisingly, it detected many places where I could change wording to make the sentences better and even suggested changes I agreed with. Now it is re-submission time and I’m nervous. I added nearly 3,000 words to the book. I like it better.
I really think that I’ve grown as a writer. As I went through the re-writes, I saw what the publisher saw. I haven’t actually looked at the whole story in over a year. I read through scenes and thought, “This isn’t realistic based on what has just happened.” The overall story hasn’t changed but the people in it are more realistic. The magic system is better defined and explained. Now I just need to re-submit. I’m crossing my fingers for the win.
This is the Novel Mage saying, *POOF*